A hybrid renewable energy system utilises two or more energy production methods, usually solar and wind power.
The major advantage of solar / wind hybrid system is that when solar and wind power production are used together, the reliability of the system is enhanced. Additionally, the size of battery storage can be reduced slightly as there is less reliance on one method of power production. Often, when there is no sun, there is plenty of wind.
In comparison to solar modules, wind turbines can offer a more favourable dollar per watt ratio. Solar Online Australia’s hybrid systems utilise the industry’s leading high quality components to ensure reliable performance and long life.
Our packaged systems are ideally suited to remote homes, schools and other off-grid applications. They can also be retrofitted to existing diesel-generator systems to save on high fuel costs and minimise noise.
We have standard hybrid systems available to meet your power needs. We can also tailor a system to suit should you have a smaller or larger power requirement.
Our Standard Hybrid Systems Inclusions
Our standard systems include:
- 1kW Wind Turbine c/w PowerCenter Controller
- 13m Guyed Tilt Tower Kit
- High Quality Solar Modules with 25 Year Warranty
- Solar Module Mounting Frames (Wind Rated)
- Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) Solar Booster
- LCD Display with Data Logging
- 3000W-4500W Pure Sine Wave Inverter Charger
- Battery Charger: 85-100A (24VDC), 42-55A (48VDC)
- In-Built AC Auto Transfer Switch
- High Quality Deep Cycle Solar Batteries
- Professionally Assembled Equipment Board
- Battery Disconnect Fuse Switch
- Battery Interconnection Cables
- Battery Temperature Sensor
- Battery Warning Signage
- DC Links
- Wind Turbine Cable
- Solar Array Cable
- Circuit Protection
- Design, Accreditation & Installation
- Solar Tracking Frames available on request
Our Standard Hybrid Systems Pricing
Our standard hybrid systems incorporate a 1kW turbine to produce the bulk of the power. The systems includes 3 to 4 days battery backup to cater for periods with little wind or sun. With the two methods of power production the battery backup will generally last longer than the designed backup period as there will almost certainly be some power input from one of the sources.
|Price with Rebate
The above indicative pricing includes installation for most house types.
This pricing includes GST. Please contact us for a quote to suit your requirements.
The power production figure is based on an average of 5.6 Peak Sun Hours per day and an average wind speed of 5.4m/s. Many locations throughout Australia have averages exceeding these figures. The performance of the system will be relative to the figures for your site.
Please contact us if you require more information or a written quotation.